Numerous public and private companies are headquartered in the Tampa Bay area, contributing to a very diverse and healthy business climate. Our rich portfolio of resources includes a thriving financial and shared services industry including many nationally recognized brands, a blossoming health sciences cluster and state-of-the-art manufacturers creating a wide variety of products.
As one of North Americas only true tropical locations, Tampa Bay boasts an enviable quality of life with year round sunshine. Rich in entertainment and cultural options, Tampa Bay offers residents and visitors three major professional sports teams, performing arts, museums, outdoor recreation and easy access to beaches, theme parks, golf resorts. and many other unique attractions providing endless opportunities for fun.
- Metropolitan Statistical Area of 2.7 million people
- Metropolitan Statistical Area civilian labor force of 1.3 million
- Gateway to the Florida High Tech Corridor
- The Tampa Bay region is the 14th largest media market in the country
- The cost of living in Tampa Bay is 92.4% of national average
- A record-breaking 768 consecutive days of sunshine
- Tampa Bay is the 2nd largest urban economy in Florida
- Tampa Bay leads Florida employing 31.5% of the state's medical device manufacturing worker
- Tampa Bay market is the least expensive large area in the USA for doing business (KPMG)
Source: Tampa Bay Partnership
January Average High - 71 degrees; low - 48 degrees
July Average High - 92 degrees; low - 72 degrees